All educational programmes of International Black Sea University are accredited.
Accreditation is a type of external evaluation mechanism, which determines the compatibility of an educational programme with standards. State funding goes only to accredited programmes. Accreditation is mandatory for doctoral programmes and regulated professions as well as Teacher training and Georgian language.
The accreditation shall aim at the establishment of regular self-evaluation of educational institutions for the improvement of educational quality and promotion of the development of quality assurance mechanisms through the establishment of the compatibility of an educational programme of an educational institution with the following accreditation standards:
- The goals of an educational programme, learning outcomes and the compatibility of the programme with them;
- Methodology and organization of teaching, adequacy of the assessment of programme mastering;
- Student Performance, Individual Work with Them;
- Provision with teaching resources;
- Potential to further enhance the educational quality.
Accreditation Standards for Higher Education Institution
The Goals of an Educational Programme, Learning Outcomes and the Compatibility of the Programme with Them
The standard is met, when:
- The goals of the programme are compatible with the institution mission, are clearly defined, are employment market oriented and attainable/plausible;
- The content of programme components (study course, module, etc.), with due consideration of the contend of study and credit amount, ensure the attainment of the goals and learning outcomes, outlined by the component concerned;
- The entirety of programme component ensures the attainment of the identified goals and learning outcomes at an adequate level of descriptor of the respective level of Professional Qualifications Framework;
- Learning outcomes of a programme ensure the competitiveness of the graduates on the educational (at the next level of education) and employment;
- The mechanism of participation of the stakeholders (employers, vocational education teachers, vocational students, graduates) is in place and implemented.
Teaching Methodology and Organisation, Adequate to Programme Mastering Evaluation
The standard is met when:
- Programme admission preconditions are transparent and ensure the participation of persons with adequate knowledge, skills and values into the programme, what serves the purposes of attainment of the learning outcomes by a student;
- The entirety of teaching methods used in various components of the programme ensure the attainment of the planned outcomes of the programme;
- Order of programme components and the preconditions for the admission to further components is logical;
- The methods of evaluation within the framework of each programme components ensures the attainment of the learning outcomes, defined by the component concerned, what is evidenced by evaluation results;
- Transparent criteria are used for the evaluation of a vocational student, what ensures student awareness of attained results, deficiencies and the ways of improvement.
Student Performance, Individual Work with Them
Standard is met, when:
- A student all the necessary information, consultancy and assistance for the determination of his/her profile, planning of the teaching process and improvement of achievements;
- The working plan of the institution academic personnel provides for the individual work with students;
- The institution ensures student involvement in the implementation of research projects, implementation of the components oriented on the development of practical skills and initiatives, which are independent from a curriculum;
- The institution is oriented on the internationalisation of teaching, scientific work and the employment of graduates.
Provision with Teaching Resources
The standard is met, when
- The infrastructure and technical appliances of the institution ensure the attainment of learning outcomes, envisaged by the educational programme, what shall be evidenced by: in the case of personnel – scientific works, accomplished for the past 10 years (in the field of fine arts – a creative project), which certifies his/her competencies in the respective field; and in the case of an invited personnel and teachers – can be evidenced by practical experience;
- The implementation of the programme is promoted by the administrative and auxiliary personnel with adequate competences;
- The teaching material is based on current achievements of the direction/field and ensures the attainment of the learning outcomes of the programme;
- The programme is financially provided for.
Potential to Develop the Quality of Teaching
The standard is met when:
- The quality enhancement system is in place and is publicly accessible, which system is based on “Plan-Do-Check-Act” cycle;
- Internal and external evaluation is used for the improvement of the learning outcomes of an educational programme.
Specific Features of the Accreditation of Regulated and Doctoral Educational Programmes
- Upon the determination of the compatibility of a regulated educational programme with accreditation standards the account shall be taken of special requirements, set by sectoral benchmarks.
- A doctoral educational programme, at discretion of the institution, can be submitted as a set of individual educational programmes according to direction or field/specialty. In this case the set of individual educational programmes can be regarded as a single educational programme.